When it comes to entertaining, you can never be too organized.
And, party planning doesn’t have to be stressful.
It can actually be a fun and rewarding experience.
The secret to not losing your mind, and having a successful planning process is to have a party planning checklist.
It will help keep you on task and prevent you from missing any key details.
What to do first
Start with the party location. This is the single most important aspect of your party-planning, since it will decide the date, determine how many people you can invite, and dictate the overall cost of your party.
Check with essential guests on their availability before setting the date.
Pick a theme – this will help you narrow down decorations and activity choices.
Party Planning Checklist
One month before party
- Reserve bounce house and entertainment (here are a few ideas to get you started there)
- Make a guest list
- Send invitations
- Reserve party location and obtain necessary permits
- Send emails and/or other communication
- Order cake
- Plan menu
- Get all decorations
- Get drinks and cooler
- Pick a few games to play
- Make / buy party favors / hats
- Get prizes for games
- Clean house
- Clean yard
- Get ice
- Make sure you have all cups, napkins, silverware, etc.
- Turn off sprinkler system if party is outside
And finally, go easy on yourself. Party planning isn’t easy, even for the professionals – just remember three things and you’ll be good…
- Don’t take on too much.
- Don’t expect too much.
- Don’t stress too much and go overboard. Accept any help offered.
If you need help check out our free downloadable party planning checklist for 2018.
BONUS! Join The “Secret Sale” Discount Club
And, click the big red button to get INSTANT access to over 543 party rentals and accessories at up to 65% off… PLUS you’ll be entered to win a FREE BOUNCE HOUSE RENTAL at a date of your choosing!